I am a bride, but where do I begin?!
Begin making decisions on your appearance by researching magazines for the hair & makeup photographs that appeal to you. Begin making decisions on your appearance by researching magazines
Create a scrapbook of pictures with which you can show me your likes and dislikes.
With the bridesmaids, I create a repetitive image for them through their hairstyles & makeup colours. If the bride has her hair up and straight with natural makeup, then the bridesmaids have their hair curly and down with coloured makeup and vice versa. This makes the bride stand out visually, therefore not blending in with the bridesmaid’s facial structure. My reasoning for this is so that the bridesmaids look as far removed from the bride as possible. I will personalise a look for them to still tailor it to their individual style.
Getting ready for your big event begins a week in advance. If you want to be the star of your day, prepping is just as important as on the day will only add to your confidence.
• Eyebrows shaped if you have never shaped your brows for photographic purposes, you should. Shaping your brows will open your eyes up, especially if they are deep-set. Please book in with me at least 2-3 days before your big day or on the day of your appointment if on location $20
• Eyebrow & eyelash tinting will make a huge point of difference in your grooming & self-esteem & even better, it lasts 4-6 weeks $20-$30
• Fingernails & toenails should be manicured & polished. I would recommend Colour Gloss Nails. This polish last 2-3 weeks, so you can have them tended to a week in advance. Please request a referral from me for a manicurist in your area
• Hair should be trimmed & coloured a few weeks before your event, and if it is long, a deep conditioning treatment will add shine from $20. For hairstyling on the day, please wash your hair 2 days before the event, then leave it as this makes hair easier to style, and a clean head of hair will only fall out easier.
• Hair Extensions are perfect if you require length and volume or if you would like some colour without using chemicals in your precious hair from $25. I have hairpieces available for hire from $90, including bond.
• Professional Teeth Whitening is also available in my studio, usually costing a pricey $699. This lasts about 8-12months depending on the amount of staining food you consume & it only takes 30-40mins for your appointment, whitening changes lives & is a huge image improver, & I get it for only $299!!
• Spray Tanning will give the impression of taking 5-10kilos off your frame! Who doesn’t look healthier & hotter with a tan?! Please book in with me at least 2-3 days before your big day, preferably in the afternoon, so that you can go home afterwards while the product develops overnight & wake up looking like a beach babe! $35
•Be careful with face masks 3 weeks before your special day as this is how long it can take for any bacteria from a mask to appear, creating blemishes. Safely 4 weeks before the day is good. Microdermabrasion in advance is worth looking into. Please ask me for a referral of a professional beauty therapist in your area.
• Get a good night’s sleep before the day. If you do go out, it will show in your eyes and skin, which in turn will show in your photographs.
• The night before, lay all your garments out ready to be dressed, including shoes, jewellery & undergarments.
• Prepare finger food such as sandwiches, fruit pieces, crackers & cheese, all bite sizes, so that you can still eat when your lipstick is on. Sometimes you will feel so nervous that you will not want to eat until you are running out the door. You can still make up a paper plate and take it with you in the car. It is better to graze throughout the morning rather than have one heavy meal.
• Have non-alcoholic drinks available, use straws to drink with so that your lipstick stays on longer, and continue this throughout the day.
• Photos should be taken around about 2 hours before the ceremony if the ceremony begins at say 11:00 am with 4 people in the bridal party. With makeup and hair, your day should go like this……
11:00 am – Hair & makeup begin on the Mother of the
Bride & Groom, bridesmaids and bride
01:30 pm – Bridesmaids dress the bride
02:00 pm – Photographer arrives to take bridal party photos
02:30 pm – Drive to the ceremony
03:00 pm – Ceremony begins
On the day
• Please ensure that you have cleansed, toned & moisturised your skin before I arrive.
• If you have to wash your hair, please ensure that it is completely dry. I prefer dirty hair as it is easier to style. If your hair is curly or wavy, please have it blow-waved or straightened the night before for the best results on the day. If it is raining or there is high humidity, you will need a small can of hairspray to maintain your hairstyle.
• Please remove all of your jewellery & wear a button-up top or robe during your makeup application.
• Your makeup will stay on an entire day, if you have oily skin, you may get some shine down your T-zone, use some tissues to blot off the excess oil, and you may need to reapply your lipstick depending on how careful you have been.
Purchase your lipstick or gloss beforehand so that you can touch up throughout the day, or I can bring a range on request from $10-$35
My goal is when you reach the aisle in front of your groom and for him to know that you are the most beautiful woman and that he made the right decision in committing his life to you.
I have attended many weddings as a professional and I know what look is best for you & your bridal party when I see you, therefore it is not necessary for you to have a trial.
If you feel that you would like a trial, I would advise that you have it booked on your hen’s night so that you can utilize the look & you will be able to view the photos from the evening.
Be sure that you are positive about the hair ups that your bridal party desire, as once the hair product is applied to the hair and it is set, it is then difficult to then remove the product to change the hairstyle.
I am an expert and cater for European, Maori, Polynesian and Asian skin tones. Please feel free to contact me for free honest advice.
Kind Regards, Ngā Mihi Bianca Fallon|Makeup.Hair.Beauty
To book Bianca, feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org